This is the top of the line portable basketball system that Spalding produces and is arguably the best portable system that money can buy. Compared to the Spalding The Beast Basketball Hoop some less expensive portable systems from Spalding include the Spalding 54″ Portable Basketball System and the Spalding Pro Slam. Because of the high price of this hoop it should come as no surprise that the features included on this system are immense. One thing that is obvious is that Spalding emphasized stability when it comes to the design of the Spalding The Beast Portable Basketball System. The support pole is a “beastly” 5″ square all steel pole that is angled from the back of the base to the bottom of the backboard. The angling of the support pole is crucial to maximizing stability and limiting the possibility of the hoop tipping by spreading out the system’s weight. The base mount includes four struts that work to stabilize the unit and to further reinforce the hoop. Best Spalding The Beast Portable Basketball Hoops offers a massive 50+ gallon base that can be filled with sand or fluid. This is one of the largest bases we have seen on a recreational portable basketball system. The base comes with rollers that help to make moving the Beast a cinch.
This basketball hoop has a backboard that is 60″ wide and 1/4″ thick, and is made of tempered glass. The absolute top of the line in-ground systems feature backboards that are 1/2″ thick, however, for a portable system this backboard’s performance is superior to the competition. Tempered glass is the costliest and highest performing backboard material available.
- One thing that contributes to the professional quality of this basketball system is the 60-inch glass backboard. Considering that it is made for residential use, the backboard is fairly large, and can in fact be one of the largest within the product category. It is also a good thing that it is made from glass, making it comparable to those that are used in professional basketball leagues.
- It comes with a 50-gallon capacity base that you can fill with either sand or water. This provides the stability that is needed to keep the hoop in a straight position and to avoid making too much vibrations during games.
- The unit also has a four-strut pole that provides additional stability and rigidity. This provides sufficient support to the entire system.
- Designed with a Pro Image breakaway rim, it is apparent that it is made to withstand dunks. The rim makes it able to handle pressure from intense shots and allows it to revert to its original shape afterwards.
- The rim also has an all-weather nylon net. This makes it able to resist various external conditions that could have been damaging to its quality, especially when used for a long time already.
- With the basketball system’s multi-wheel design, it will be effortless for you to have the goal moved in a different location when needed or when preferred.
- Includes a 50 gallon base that can be filled with either fluid or sand
- Height of the Spalding The Beast Portable Basketball System can be easily adjusted from 7 and a half feet to 10 feet using the U-Turn Pro Lift system
- Features a base cover with a movable handle to make moving the hoop easier and acts as a rebounder during shooting sessions
- 60 Inch backboard is made of tempered glass and features an aluminum trim
- Pro-image breakaway rim that is gym quality with all-weather net to handle the elements of the outdoors
- Features a 5 inch, two-piece square support pole that is angled to minimize the chance for tipping or injury
- Includes two vertical steel supports to enhance the stability and performance of the backboardBase has a front cover with a handle that acts as a rebounder and makes transportation easier
- Backboard is 60 inches and made of tempered glass
- Tempered glass is the best backboard material available, but less durable than polycarbonate or acrylic
- Pro image breakaway rim is similar to breakaway rims found in gyms around the country
- Two piece support system made of 5 inch squared powder coated steel
- Backboard thickness (in.): 0.25
- Backboard material: Tempered glass
- Backboard width (in.): 60
- Backboard height (in.): 36
- Rim height: Adjustable from 7.5 feet to 10 feet
The Beast has the largest base that we have found on any portable basketball system . Tempered glass backboards perform significantly better than acrylic or polycarbonate .One of the only portable basketball systems with a two piece support pole design which makes the system more stable will minimizing vibrations during play. Likely the most stable portable basketball hoop that money can buy. The wheels and base handle make moving this hoop significantly easier than other portable basketball systems. The 60″ tempered glass backboard is one of the most heavy duty boards we have seen on a portable basketball hoop. 50+ gallon base is also one of the largest available. The rim is awesome and plays very similar to gym quality breakaway rims. 5 year limited warranty will help to make you feel even more confident when purchasing this basketball system. Professional quality backboard and rim. Able to withstand tough games and long-term use. Easy height adjustments
There is no padding lining the bottom of the backboard which would be nice as an added safety feature. Occasional wobbling has been experienced. Installation can take a long time and will require a companion. Some parts did not fit.
Verdict of Spalding NBA The Beast Portable Basketball Hoops Review
If you trying to find the best portable basketball system that is available in the market. If you want to buy one that is able to promise good quality and value for money.In this case, there is no doubt that the right choice for you is the Spalding “The Beast” Portable Basketball Hoop. Spalding “The Beast” hoop is a good choice in the mid to low priced category and as reviewers commented, not too bad to put together